Saturday, April 13, 2013

50th Birthday for dear friend

Good Morning Everyone!!! Hope this post finds everybody well and enjoying this beautiful weather.... I am new at all this but a good friend of mine has been helping me get going, I really enjoy doing the cards, it's very challenging and rewarding. So for my first try at this I went coloring pages and found several images that I really liked....
A friend of mine is getting ready to turn THE BIG 50 and she seems to think that everyone has forgotten her birthday.. We have decided we are throwing a surprise party for her after her birthday!!! (lol)..
So when i was looking for a image I found this gorgeous Vase of flowers, instead of the typical colors for a 50th Birthday.. The image was colored with prisma colored pencils and blended with OMS.  I used and a-5 size card and found some paper that I thought went really well with it... Added some gems to give it a little bling and took some buttons and used
bakers twine to make my bows..
So here is my very first card for my blog for everyone to see...
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my new blog and seeing what a beginner has
accomplished.  And thanks for all comments I know I will enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy creating cards.
 
 
 
Denise


3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card love the vase of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, I'm sure your friend will love it!

    Welcome to the land of card making and good luck with your new blog. You're braver than I am, still not found the courage to blog yet, seems a little scary to me, LOL.

    I saw your entry into the CDAC progressive challenge so thought I would pop over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting and I sure hope she likes it. If it wasn't for a great friend I would not have a blog either, but with her patience and knowing I am computer illiterate she has truly been a god send. I can truly say...if I can do it anyone can, and Lisa would agree. Please stop by anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete